Thursday, April 15, 2010

Rest In Peace

Ok, so I have this thing where I hate when people get upset about celebrity deaths. You didn’t know the person, you weren’t even that big of a fan (although you pretend now like you were), and there are conceivably thousands of people that this death actually affects way more than you. So stop crying about Heath Ledger and get the fuck over it.

But finally, one has come that has changed my life. Has really shaken me to my very core. And I know you’re going to laugh, and I know if I were in your position, I might hate me for saying this… But… The celebrity death that has affected me most, in my lifetime, is the death of Brittany Murphy.



Brittany Murphy!? Seriously? There are earth quakes in China and Volcanic eruptions in Iceland and this is what you're writing about? That coke head? Yes. That crack head had so many good movies (exaggeration) and so many good lines in those movies (understatement), that I do some sort of shout out to her almost every day. Yes, I know the Michael Jackson fans might feel a similar way, but he touched little boys’ peepee’s, so get over it. You should have been mourning his disappearance from legitimacy long before his death.



The Brittany-Murphy-timeless-classic of a line that just inspired me / reminded me to FINALLY write this well-overdue post was from the following BBM convo:

J: But don’t you guys sporadically see one another?
Me: No.
J: And does the word sporadically owe all its purpose to Alicia Silverstone?
Me: Uh yeah and Brittany Murphy God rest her soul
J: I was JUST about to drop an RIP
J: U wiley hoe
Me: I RIP BMurph almost everyday
Me: This just inspired me to start a blog entry abt that that I’ve been meaning to write for months.
J: That’s wat I’m here for.


Indeed he is. And so it has begun. I’m not going to pretend like BMurph had some kind of illustrious and/or versatile actress. But I liked what she was in. And she always made me smile. Obviously, many of the often-used Brittany Murphy lines come from Clueless.



But it would be socially irresponsible of me to not go through the major Clueless gems, and I'm going to start off with my personal favorite...



Anytime anyone says Rollin with the Homies you HAVE to throw out an “RIP Brittany Murphy”. This happens a minimum of once every other week.



A few more Brittany Murphy classics from Clueless:

“You’re a virgin who can’t drive” – my friends said this to me every day of high school. I was, in fact, a virgin, but I was definitely the best driver out of all of them, so to that part, I took offense. They might have kept saying it to me when we were in college… And I might have still been a virgin. But still, an excellent driver.

“I’m outie” – Everyone says that in Clueless but I envision Tai saying it when I say it.

“And my buns: they don't feel nothin' like steel.” – hilar.

"I hope not sporadically!" – as referenced above

"You know, I don't care either way — just as long as his you-know-what isn't crooked.” – True that, Tai. True. That.


And also, out of respect, I throw out a “RIP Brittany Murphy” any time any Clueless quote is used, and let’s be real, that’s at least once a week if not more. PAR example, one of my favorites that reminds me of Brittany is that I use often is, "Cher, I have the picture you took in my locker," said by my numba one stunna Jeremy Sisto aka EL-ENNNNN. The picture he is referring to (for those who are clueless when it comes to Clueless) is of Brittany Murphy aka Tai with a flower in her hair. DUH!



Although those are the best of the best, the cream of the crop, there are more Brittany Murphy lines and shout-out worthy films. And in the interest of not boring you, I will put the rest of them up next week. And trust me, there are some great ones. So tune in ;)



And in other celebrity/BMurph/Clueless news I saw Mr. Hall from Clueless at dinner on Tuesday night. You're so jealous that I saw that sexy beast in person.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Heath Ledger Died??

funny post lady

p.s. do you have a "Jersey Shore" word verification for this blog? My word is "gunati"