Thursday, May 27, 2010

PSFD - Post Season Finale Depression.

Ok, it hasn’t been easy for me. It really hasn’t. My Monday, Wednesday and Thursday shows are what keep me sane. What keep me happy. What keep me warm at night. But now they’re gone and I am sad.

Let me also say that I don’t watch dramas. I’m a student of the sitcom and it’s pretty much all I watch (aside from Law & Order), so I know that you’re probably crying about Lost being over but know that I am not going to cover that here…. Or anywhere…. Ever.

I will kick this off as the one week anniversary of the NBC Thursday shows that finaleed (I just made up that word) last week. If you haven’t watched yet, I advise you to stop reading here… aka SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!

Community



Can I just say… Wow. Community went from a really rocky start to being totally awesome. Maybe it’s because the characters grew on me or maybe it’s because when any group of misfits become a cohesive group of friends it’s fun to watch.

With the sexual tension between Jeff and Britta building since day one, it was really great to see Britta take a step out of her comfort zone and admit in front of everyone that she loves Jeff. I was kind of pissed when they didn’t address the fact that Jeff and Britta slept together in the episode after it happened, but it was worth the wait. And Slater came out of left field wanting to get back together with Jeff. Which was necessary to force Jeff to choose between them.



But THEN he decided to go for Annie instead… Which was pretty easy to see coming somewhere in the middle of the episode, but I don’t see it going anywhere next season. And if it does Britta will be PISSED, so it might be kinda fun.



Ahbed and Troy's friendship is amazing. The jokes about them being a couple are always funny. They are a serious comic duo. And also, Ahbed relates everything to movies and TV and essentially speaks in movie quotes half the time, so I feel like we're... one.

Parks & Rec



Always a pleasure. I mean how could guest starring Rob Lowe and Adam Scott not be totally awesome? And for more than one episode!? Yes, please!

I was not happy when Ben recommended that Leslie be fired in order to cut the Parks Department’s budget. I really thought those two had some sexual tension building and was sad to see that Ben would throw her under the bus like that. But he came around in the end and I still think they’re in love and meant to be.



I loved watching Ron have to stand up for Leslie, which of course he had to do because without Leslie he would actually have to do work. I also thought there was some sexual tension building between Leslie and Mark and was disappointed that we didn’t have another season finale with the two of them making out.

OMG OMG OMG ANDY AND APRIL ANDY AND APRIL!!!!!! This made my night/life. And of course they infused it with so much drama that it will easily run into next season (which will not start until January, grrrrrr!) First they admitted that they liked each other (I cried) and then April said she couldn’t be with him because she thinks he still has feelings for Anne.



THEN Andy gets hit by a car and has to go to the hospital. THEN while Anne is taking care of him as his nurse in the hospital she gets nostaligic and kisses him. THEN April comes back to tell him that she’s so sorry and that she does want to be with him. They kiss (I swoon/cry again). THEN he tells her how happy he is and that he doesn’t want to lie to her and that Anne just kissed him. And then April runs out of the room.

It’s kind of a cheesy and obvious way to dramatize the situation but I loved every second of it. I’m just really hoping the Jim-and-Pam effect doesn’t happen to April and Andy. But I have faith in them. I think they’ll be able to get around it.



And if you don't think Aziz Ansari is hilarious, then I don't like you.

30 Rock


Holy. 30 Rock. First of all, I screamed AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS in bed on Thursday night when Matt Damon appeared on my screen in a pilot’s uniform. "Yeah I'm a doorman... To the SKY!" Playing a character named Carroll (amazing) who Liz Lemon falls in love with at first sight. And he’s a TGS fan!!!! Perfection!!!!!



I’m VERY curious with what is going to happen to all of this season finale stuff next season… Kenneth got fired, Avery is preggers with Jack’s baby and he proposed to her, and Liz and Carroll decided to give it a shot. Two of these main plot points involve guest stars. So someone let me know if Lizzie Banks or Matt Damon has signed on to be in episodes for next season, because I don’t really see how this is going to work.

As far as 30 Rock season finales go, this one was pretty great. Not as amazing as the Midnight Train to Georgia finale a couple years back (I just looked for a video of that awesomeness but couldn’t find it. Damn you, NBC! Foiled again!)



I have to say that I really would have liked to get a Tina Fey – Matt Damon kiss on screen. Oh well. Maybe one day...

And I didn’t watch The Office finale because I don’t watch The Office, but I heard it was AWFUL.

Ok, that’s it. I don’t even know if I have the energy to recap my CBS Monday finale night from this week. So many feelings.

2 comments:

Noelle said...

I want to hear your CBS Monday recap!

Brady said...

Ugh. I re-watched How I Met Your Mother last night. What an emotional roller coaster. I'll do it next week.